NOx Control Systems
DuPont BELCO Technical Library
EDV Wet Scrubber Papers
LoTOx™ Technology and SCR Systems
Low-temperature oxidation technology (the LoTOx™ technology) is available from DuPont™ BELCO® Clean Air Technologies under license from BOC. This technology has strong synergy with EDV® scrubbing for refinery applications, such as FCCU, fluid cokers, heaters and boilers.
LoTOx™ technology has been applied to various gas streams, including refinery Fluid Cat Cracking Units (FCCU), with great success. This sturdy technology, when used in conjunction with the EDV® Wet Scrubbing System, does not require any gas flow obstruction (cannot plug during heavy dust load) and can be operated continuously for long-operation campaigns. These features make it an excellent fit for FCCU applications. By combining this technology with DuPont BELCO® EDV® Wet Scrubbing System, the operator can reduce particulates, SOx and NOx, all in a single vessel. There is no additional system to operate and maintain. An open channel is maintained for the gas, and the plot space required is low and flexible.
Custom-built SCR systems using Hitachi's SCR Technology are available through DuPont™ BELCO® for refinery applications worldwide.
• Fluid Cokers
• Refinery Boilers
Features and Benefits
The LoTOx™ Process Advantage
- No bypass required
- Very high reduction of NOx, SOx and particulate all in one vessel
- Able to achieve the most stringent reduction requirements
- Highly reliable multi-year continuous operation
- No in-line constrictions or catalyst modules
- Open vessel design for trouble free operation
- No potential for plugging
- Automatic control of outlet NOx level by selecting a desired NOx outlet valve
- Not effected by temperature variations (high or low)
- Maintains constant NOx outlet level even through NOx fluctuation's at inlet
- No ammonia slip concerns
- Not subject to poisoning or sintering of catalyst surface due to temperature excursions
- No concerns of SOx oxidation
DuPont™ BELCO® Clean Air Technologies offers an array of solutions for the reduction of NOx emissions. BELCO® realizes that each plant has its own particular requirements, which in most cases dictates reaching beyond a generic solution. Therefore, DuPont™ BELCO® has the ability to offer both an SCR system and the LoTOx™ Technology, and can recommend the DeNOx system to fit your application.