Induction Melting Furnaces
Induction melting furnaces provide an extremely fast, clean and energy efficient way to melt metals. With induction melting, heat is generated internally within the charge itself. The temperature is precisely controlled at all times to minimize metal loss through oxidation or dross accumulation. Control units convert incoming 60 Hz power to nominal frequencies ranging from line frequency to 10,000Hz for powering the furnace - and also provide power to water, control and safety systems - while continually monitoring the changing conditions of the melt and automatically adjusting to maintain the right level of power - from cold charge to pouring.
A wide range of available units:
- 500 to 50,000 lbs. melt capacity for iron, steel and non-ferrous operations with power ratings matched to suit the individual operation requirements.
- Smaller units for specialty melting applications, eg. gold, precision cast parts, laboratories, etc.
Features and Benefits
- Ten times faster than fuel-fired furnaces - a complete system can often pay for itself in less than a year.
- Maintains precise melting and pouring temperatures
- Minimum metal loss
- Allows close control of energy costs
- Minimizes maintenance and downtime expense
- Monitors and improves safety